Enjoy a Staple of the South with Fried Green Tomatoes served with a creamy dipping sauce to balance the crispy outer shell.
- 4 Green Tomatoes
- 1 cup of Mayonnaise (Do not use Miracle Whip, Too Sweet)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Spicy Chicks Gourmet Sweet Pepper & Tomato - Chip & Veggie Dip Mix
- 1 ½ cups Flour
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Milk
- 2 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 Quart Vegetable Oil for Frying
- Slice your Green Tomatoes into ½” Thick Slices
In a Bowl:
- Add 1 cup of Mayonnaise, 1 cup Sour Cream, & Spicy Chicks Gourmet Sweet Pepper & Tomato - Chip & Veggie Dip Mix
- Mix well & Place in the Fridge for at least 1 hour
- Whisk Eggs & Milk together in a bowl or pie dish
- Mix Flour with Salt & Pepper in another bowl or pie dish
- Dip a Sliced Green Tomato into the Flour to Coat. Next dip into the Egg Mixture. Then, dredge back in the seasoned Flour.
- In a Large Skillet, Pour Vegetable Oil (to have ½” deep of oil) & heat over medium.
- Once oil is about 350°F, Place a Few Flour Coated Tomatoes in the skillet.
- When the Tomatoes are Browned, Flip and Fry the other side.
- Drain the Tomatoes on a Paper Towel lined Plate.
- Repeat Frying the Tomatoes until they are all cooked.
- Serve the Tomatoes with the Creamy Dip & Enjoy!
*Other Spicy Chicks Gourmet Flavors GREAT for Fried Green Tomatoes:
- Garlic Galore - Chip & Veggie Dip Mix
- Heavenly Horseradish - Chip & Veggie Dip Mix
- Sriracha Ranch - Chip & Veggie Dip Mix
- Bacon & Onion - Chip & Veggie Dip Mix
Other recipes you might like